HIMURJA – Himachal Pradesh Energy Development Authority has released a tender for Supply, Installation & Commissioning of 2 kWp SPV Power Plants in 216 locations across the state.
This is for the state Police Department and the Solar Power Packs will be installed at various police stations across the state.
Some of the key highlights of the tender:
- All the firms who are the Channel Partners for SPV Programme accredited by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy sources, GOI or Credit Rating (from MNRE Accredited Rating Agency) of “SP 2C” & above under the Off Grid and Decentralized programme under JNNSM programme are eligible for tendering.
- The firms must have experience of installation and commissioning of SPV Power Plant up to total aggregate capacity of 100 Kwp in the Off grid Programme.
- The annual turnover of the firm should be Rs 8 crores for the each preceding three years i.e. 2010-2011, 2011-12 & 2012-13.
- Time of execution – Material to be supplied within 4 months of awarding the contract and installation to be done within 6 months from the award of the contract.
- There will be a provision for permanent internal and external wiring including switches, sockets, wires, weather proof armoured cables for 1 Computer, 1 Printer, 1 Fax Machine, 2 X 9Watt CFL Lights and 1 Fan in each police station.
- Warranty period for the systems is 5 years.
- There is provision for Comprehensive Maintenance Contract (CMC) of five years after warranty period. HP Police department may or may not execute this contract, but in case of their willingness it is mandatory to the installing firm to execute the contract with Police Department for further five years on their quoted rates subject to not exceeding the prevailing market rates at that time.
- EMD of Rs. 20 Lakhs has to be provided at the time of submission of the bids and later, a performance bank guarantee of 10% of order value needs to be undertaken at the time of awarding the contract.
- The cost of the tender is Rs. 25,000
- Some important dates
|Last date for Submission :
||Up To : 2:00 PM
|Opening Date :
||At : 3:00 PM
We think that this is a great step from HIMURJA in making the police stations independent of the vagaries of power supply in the state and converting their dependency from DG sets to Renewable Energy.
The one major issue that we can see is the warranty period on the systems. The blanket warranty is for 5 years on the entire equipment. While that is okay for the inverter system and the battery to have a 5 year warranty, the solar panels could at least have a warranty period of 10 years. This is the standard warranty offered by most of the manufacturers and integrators so it shouldn’t be a difficult condition to meet.
Based on the success of this tender, there might be a lot of organisations – government and private – that will float similar tender. Let’s wait and watch.