After releasing the final set of guidelines, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has released an RfS with details about setting up 750 MW grid connected solar photo voltaic projects under JNNSM Phase II Batch I. Given below are some of the important points from this document.
- Total – 750 MW, divided into Part A and Part B
- Domestic Content Requirement (DCR) – for projects to be implemented with DCR, both the solar cells and modules used in these projects must be made in India
- Bidders can apply for Projects either under Part A (DCR) – 375 MW or Part B (Open) – 375 MW or for both Part A & Part B
- Minimum capacity of each project – 10 MW and maximum capacity – 50 MW
- First step – Techno-Commercial evaluation
- Second step – Financial bid (VGF requirement) evaluation
VGF Securitization Agreement: SECI will finalize the appropriate mechanism for securitization of VGF in line with the Government’s guidelines and upload the same soon on their website
- Net worth – Rs. 2 Cr/ MW for capacity up to 20 MW. For every additional MW beyond 20 MW, additional net worth of Rs. 1 Cr/ MW should be demonstrated
- Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) – Rs. 10 Lakh/ MW per project in the form of Bank Guarantee, valid for 270 days
- Performance Bank Guarantee (PBG) – Rs. 30 Lakh/ MW per project valid for 16 months should be submitted before signing PPA
Important dates and deadlines:
- Pre-bid meeting – 19th November, 2013 at 11.30
- Last date and time of submission of response to RfS – 28th December, 2012 at 10.30
- Techno-commercial bid opening – 28th December, 2013 at 12.30
For more details regarding this bidding process, the original RfS document can be downloaded here.
Our blogpost on the earlier released guidelines can be accessed here and the final guidelines released on MNRE website can be downloaded here.