Sustainability, if handled diligently can be a massive competitive advantage, cutting across markets, businesses and time.
Sustainability is a new way of looking at the way we do business from top to bottom. It is defined as a commitment to better long-term business performance through improved social, economic and environmental practices. A sustainable enterprise looks beyond revenues and while working for all round social and economic development through ethical business practices, creating consumer loyalty and brand image which hold good in the long term in sustainable enterprise. It may include helping build better ecology, society, and better use of scares resources.
Sustainability is to be looked at from three different perspectives, Social, Economic and Environmental, each benefiting the respective stakeholders in the selected domains.
EfficientCarbon has the unique mix of skills and experience to drive your Sustainability strategy from end to end through from defining the scope and goals to implementing actions to reporting achievements to your stakeholders.
Making sustainability work for your organisation calls for a robust, easy to manage and reliable methodology to develop, implement and evaluate a Corporate Sustainability Strategy Plan.
EfficientCarbon works through a process of developing a corporate sustainability strategy in a five step method given below:
Searching for specific demands either from company and its industry, will be the early plan’s development work at the starting of the process, aiming refining the framework and facilitating work approach. So overall, to implement a sustainability strategy in your organisation, you need to follow the 5 step process as defined above and support it with actions below:
- Create and internalise the culture of Corporate Sustainability in your entire organisation.
- Link Sustainability to standard benchmarking frameworks given by institutes such as Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Reputation Institute, etc.,
- Assess achievement of sustainability goals on parameters such as Environmental and Social Stewardship, Business Continuity, Value creation for stakeholders, Global-Local Reputation, etc.,
- Evaluate ROSS – Return on Sustainability Strategy.
- Set a firm operational plan linking to overall goals with detailed implementation and monitoring parameters, stakeholder engagement process and communication to the outer world.
How can we help you?
We will guide you step-by-step in the entire process of defining and execution of sustainability strategy. The following services will be provided to you in formulating and executing a Sustainability Strategy:
- Helping the management understand Sustainability, its importance, the reporting procedures and how to strategically benefit from it.
- Helping in setting goals, objectives and scope of the sustainability strategy for the organisation.
- Understanding and Situating the Business Competitiveness Scope
- Identifying the Sustainability Business Drivers
- Sustainability as a Key-Driver for Innovation
- Mapping and Advantaging on Sustainability Business Drivers
- Creating the Corporate Sustainability Vision
- The role of the Chief Sustainability Officer
- Developing Leadership Competence for Triple Bottom Line Value Creation.
- Corporate Sustainability Mainstream Framework
- Corporate Sustainability Risk Management Platform
- Corporate Sustainability Accounting & Balance Sheet: Sustainability Fund Flow; Social & environmental cost externalization/internalization decision.
- Corporate Sustainability Performance Management: Sustainability Metrics & Business Intelligence System; Performance Rewarding.
- Evaluating ROSS – Return on Sustainability Strategy
- Developing action plans and monitoring mechanisms
- Preparing communication and reporting frameworks
- Developing Competence for Sustainability Communication and Reporting
- Modelling Brand-CSR Integration
- Improving the Sustainability Reputation Perception
- Preparing actual Sustainability Reports
- Assessing current & prospective sustainability issues and building detailed plan of action